Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Jazz- In-Training

Jazz and I are finally getting ready for our first real competion. A real rally.
I'm so excited. I hope we do well. At Quiz I qualified for Nationals, it would be nice to qualify for Zone Championships. But I doubt it will happen.

Her training is so intense. Everyday we do 1/2 hour of solid hard grooming, 1/2 hour of hacking to condition her and train for the cross country portion, and 40 minutes of dressage. Occasionally we jump in there as well. She is such a great little jumper. Her dressage stinks though. I am curious if we will even make it through the test. I doubt it.

Her herdboundness is finally starting to come off. Everyday she still throws a hissy when I ask her to leave the yard, but its becoming less and less of a big deal. I can't wait until she doesn't care anymore.

Its been expensive getting her ready to go.

So far I have given her 6 different vaccines: Influenza, Eastern Equine Encephalomylitis, Western Equine Encephalomylitis, Rhinopneumonitis, West Nile Virus, and Tetanus.

That came up to 60 dollars. (Not bad, I know, but it was soo little liquid, just 2 tiny cc's)

I still need to get her teeth floated (rasped), That will be about 100 dollars. I hope I can afford it before I go. Hopefully that will help her with her head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home